Campbelltown Rotary Observatory
Welcome to the website of Western Sydney University Campbelltown Rotary Observatory. This is the home of the Australian Optical SETI Project and is a field laboratory of the Engineering Group in the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics. It is used for engineering programs. It reports to the Director of Academic Programs for Engineering and the Deputy Dean of the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics.
The Observatory also runs community engagement programs. These include astronomy nights, talks on the latest discoveries and developments in astrophysics and engineering by eminent astronomers, engineers and scientists, the Engineering Frontiers program for talented high school students, an Aboriginal science literacy program, workshops for science educators and conferences.
It also conducts the National Project on Significant Australian Physicists, Astrophysicists and Engineers and the National Project on Aboriginal Astronomy.
The Patron of the Observatory was the late Sir Arthur C Clarke CBE.
Unless otherwise stated all programs run by the Observatory are free of charge.
- Dr Ragbir Bhathal via email@example.com
- Read More News and Events
TALKS & ACTIVITIES: Astronomy Nights, activities & talks 2016
Australian Astonomy going global
- Australian Society for Indigenous Astronomy
- Engineers Australia: Western Sydney Branch
- Macarthur Astronomical Society
- LAZSTA: Metropolitan South West Science Teachers Association
- Visiting Fellowship, Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics, ANU