As a student, you may need to pay a number of fees throughout your studies, depending on your degree and your enrolment status. These fees may include student contribution and tuition fees. If you're eligible, you may also be able to obtain a HELP loan for payment of your student contribution or tuition fees.

Fees for undergraduate International students are set up differently than for local students (Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, NZ citizens, and holders of an Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa). For more information on fees for International students, please visit the International course fees page.

Fee categories

Undergraduate students

You are an undergraduate student if you have completed secondary studies (eg Higher School Certificate (HSC) or equivalent) and are now studying a Bachelor's degree. For fee purposes at Western Sydney University you are considered a Commonwealth supported student.

Postgraduate students

You are a postgraduate student if you have successfully completed an undergraduate course (such as a Bachelor's degree), completed equivalent studies or have experience in that field of study and are now studying a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters (by Coursework).

Higher Degree Research students

You are a Higher Degree Research student if you are enrolled in a degree where a minimum of 66 per cent of the work is undertaken by way of independent research (such as a PhD, Masters Honours, Professional Doctorate).

International students

You are an International student if you are not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.

Related links 

More information and help

If you need more information, help or advice, please contact Student Central at studentcentral@westernsydney.edu.au or call the Student Central Infoline on 1300 668 370.