Exams and results
Exam and results news
- Spring results have been released and are now available in your student email account. You can also see your results in MySR.
- The Assessments team is carefully assessing results against progression rules. If you do not meet progression rules you will receive an email with further information during the week of 9-13 December 2013.
- Deferred exam timetables are now available in PlatformWeb via MyUWS.
- The Summer 1 exam timetable will is available now in PlatformWeb. Check your timetable now! The Summer 2 and 3 exam timetable will be released after 5pm 20 January 2014.
- You will need to check the exam location in your exam timetable carefully as your exam is not always held on your campus of study.
- Parramatta exams: Parking on Parramatta South Campus is limited. Additional parking is available at Parramatta North. Please make sure you leave enough time before your exam to allow for parking and getting to your exam.
- Your mobile phone and all other electronic devices must be switched off in all exams. You will be fined $150 if your mobile phone or electronic device is found to be on. Mobile phone and electronic device detector spot checks will be conducted across exam venues during exams to identify electronic devices that are not powered off, including if you request a toilet break. This rule applies to School run supplementary and intra-session examinations as well as formal end of year exams.
The exam period runs for two weeks at the end of Autumn and Spring Sessions. Exams are also run for Summer Sessions. Specific dates for final and deferred exams are advertised on the student dates page towards the end of each session. You need to be available to sit exams during the entire exam period, as work commitments, holidays or other social functions are not considered valid reasons for missing a final exam.
Exam session times
Exams usually start at 8.30am, 1.45pm and 5.30pm on weekdays and 8.30am and 1.45pm on Saturdays. Check your exam timetable carefully as some exams may be scheduled at a different time. Finishing times depend on the length of the exam. There are some mixed duration exams but exam supervisors will ensure that students are not disrupted if this occurs. Some exams may also be scheduled on campuses where the unit is not studied, so make sure you check your personalised exam timetable to know where your exams are scheduled.
Verbal exam timetable advice will not be disclosed over the phone or at Student Central.
You can access your personalised exam timetable in PlatformWeb. Make sure you keep checking your student email and Platform Web timetable in case there is an exam venue change. It is your responsibilty to check your Platform Web timetable the day before each exam in case there is a late exam venue change.
Attendance lists will be taken at each exam location and you will be required to supply your student ID. This means you can only attend an exam at the time and location listed on your personalised timetable. If you forget/have lost your student ID you must purchase a temporary student ID from Student Central for $15 on the day of your exam.
What to do if you cannot attend your exam
If you are unable to attend a final exam due to a serious illness, misadventure or other exceptional circumstance beyond your control you can apply for a deferred exam.
For more information about exams, we recommend you read the UWS Examination policy. Access to a deferred exam is a privilege and not an automatic right.