- Applying to study
- Starting out
- Managing your study
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - Workshops, programs and online resources
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Student Legal Services
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Representation & Participation at UWS
- - Student Academic Committees
- - International student support
- - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student support
- Online systems
- Contact us
Academic literacy workshops
UWS runs a range of free preparation programs to help all new and continuing students. These programs help you to get ready for uni and are offered at different times throughout the year.
- Workshops are running before Autumn session 2015, more information will be available closer to the date. Registrations will open late December
- Did you know that Academic Literacy Workshops are free?
- Are you looking Maths help? Go to the Maths Education Support Hub (MESH) website for Maths Start programs
- Have a question? Check out the frequently asked questions!
- Pre-Summer workshops have now concluded
What are Academic Literacy Workshops?
Academic Literacy Workshops provide an opportunity for you to find out what is expected at university and for you to develop your academic and personal skills in preparation for starting your degree. You can choose from two or four day workshops.
The workshops are great for all students. They may be especially helpful if you're worrying about the academic expectations of university, if you've had a break from study and are feeling a bit rusty, or if you haven't studied in Australia before.
Please note: each program has a limited number of places available. If a program doesn't have enough students registered, it may not run. Any student who has already registered in an affected program will be notified of any changes.
Registration for pre-Autumn workshops will open in January 2015.