Online study resources
The Learning and Teaching Unit has developed some useful online learning material to support students’ learning at UWS.
Students are now able to self register for the following online learning materials. To login please use your MyUWS account ID and password.
- Improve Your Maths - Help with basic maths, calculus and statistics. This site includes quizzes, booklets and useful links.
- Mathematics Education Support Hub (MESH) (no log-in required) - revise or ‘brush-up’ on your basic mathematical skills, practice the mathematical calculations underpinning your discipline area/s, and gain statistical skills for your industry.
- Improve your Nursing Numeracy - Refresh your mathematical skills needed for medical calculations - fractions, decimals and measurement.
- Critical Thinking - How to deepen your thinking for assignments.
- Writing in Health Sciences and Nursing - Topic sentences, paragraphs and arguments.
- Higher Degree Research: Resources for Candidates - Support for students undertaking doctoral studies. This website has been designed to support research higher degree candidates and their supervisors through all stages of candidature. Candidates are also encouraged to utilise additional programs that may be available in UWS Research Centres, UWS Research Groups and Schools. This set of resources is designed for you to work through at your own pace. It also includes lists of relevant books and links to other websites.
- Education Technology Preparation - This program aims to support UWS equity students develop skills in using UWS online serviceas and e-learning through vUWS to enhance their first year learning experience and success at UWS. The program includes: how to use vUWS and the support available to students; computer lab and printing facilities at UWS; library online research and services; and online literacy with activities to develop note-taking and academic writing skills.
- The Language and Learning Links (opens in a new window) are being updated. For assistance, please contact the Hub for Academic Language and Literacy (HALL) Team.
- Postgraduate Coursework Academic Preparation
- Referencing in Academic Writing