Student Central

Student Central Identifier

Have a question? We're your first point of contact for information, advice, forms and referrals to other services.

Phone: 1300 668 370


  • International students needing assistance can now see a dedicated SEIS International Liaison Officer at Student Central Offices 
  • There's a drop box on Werrington South campus for any forms you need to lodge at Student Central. Just drop it in! The box is in the ground floor foyer of Building BB

Contact details

Student Central Infoline: 1300 668 370


Student Central locations
Campus Location
Bankstown Building 1
Campbelltown Building 5
Hawkesbury Building K4
Parramatta Building EJa
Parramatta City  Ground floor
Penrith (Kingswood) Building K

Opening hours

All Student Central offices generally operate from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and are closed on public holidays.

During exam periods Student Central offices open at 8.00am only where there is an early exam and close at 6.00 pm only where there is a late exam.

Parramatta South Student Central will be open from 10.00am til 2.00pm on the following Saturdays throughout 2015:

  • 17 January
  • 21 February
  • 14 March
  • 28 March (for Autumn census date)
  • 18 April
  • 16 May
  • 20 June
  • 18 July
  • 29 August (for Spring census date)
  • 19 September
  • 17 October
  • 14 November
  • 12 December


We can help with general advice and issues including:


Forms can be collected and submitted at any Student Central. You can also download forms from the Student forms page and lodge them at any Student Central.


Student Central is now your first point of contact for advice relating to your study and matters specific to international students. 

A dedicated SEIS International Liaison Officer (SILO) is on each campus, except Campbelltown. They will be able to help with your enquiries in regards to student visas, overseas student health cover, enrolment and admission as well as assist you with the provision and lodgement of forms.

A referral service to Student Support Services will also be provided for additional assistance and specific advice on welfare-related matters.

Discounted travel for International students

Since early 2013, Transport for NSW (TfNSW) has made reduced price MyMulti 2 and MyMulti 3 travel passes available to international students, providing better access to safe and affordable public transport options.

To find out more, go to the Discounted travel for International students page.


For various reasons you may require information about your study or course progress to provide to immigration, your sponsor or your employer. This information is available in MySR and on the UWS website free of charge.

If you need an official letter from UWS, an administrative fee of $25 (payable via iPay (opens in a new window))will apply. You can collect the letter at your nominated Student Central location or request for the letter to be mailed to your postal address.

Please note that it can take up to 5 days for the request to be processed.

For further information or assistance, please email Student Central at or call 1300 668 370

How can I find information about my progress to course completion?

The progress to completion screen in MySR (opens in a new window) provides you with information about the course requirements you have already met, and what course requirements you are still required to complete in order to graduate from your course. 

How can I find confirmation of my upcoming graduation ceremony? 

You will receive two emails from the Assessment and Graduation Unit – one detailing your eligibility to graduate and another with your ceremony details. These emails are sent to your student email account approximately six weeks before your ceremony for April and September ceremonies, and one week before December ceremonies (as the time period between results release and the ceremony dates for the December round is shorter). For more information, go to the Graduations page.

How can I find information about my course progression? 

You can find your results for previous sessions in MySR (opens in a new window) as well as your course progress. Your grades will be checked against all progression rules after the results release date. If you do not meet the progression rules or are 'at risk' you will receive an email to your student email account with further instructions. For more information please see the Progression page.

How can I find information about University session breaks and travel and work implications? 

Information about session breaks is available on the University's Academic year dateline. You should also consult the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (opens in a new window)website for information regarding travel and work implications during session breaks. The above information is available in MySR (opens in a new window) and on the UWS website free of charge. 

I want my family to visit me while studying at UWS - can the University give me a letter to invite them?

Invitation letters to support visitor visas can be provided by close relatives already in Australia. Institutions such as universities do not issue invitation letters. For more information on visitor visas, go to the Department of Immigration's checklist (opens in a new window).

If you would like to invite relatives to your graduation ceremony, you can use the Graduation ceremony details email that the university issues.