- Applying to study
- Starting out
- Managing your study
Services and facilities
- - Student Central
- - International student support
- - Counselling Service
- - Disability Service
- - Student Welfare Service
- - Student Legal Services
- - Advocacy @ UWS
- - Chaplaincy
- - Student Equity
- - Student Representation & Participation at UWS
- - Free student workshops and programs
- - PASS
- - Study, Money & Life Skills
- - Mature age students
- - Student Academic Committees
- - Special Consideration
- - Student Discounts
- - Student lockers
- - Student Services Fair
- - MyC3
- UWS systems
- Contact us
Student Representation & Participation at UWS
UWS student representation aims to invigorate the student body at UWS. Each representative is a student from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and areas of study.
Student Representation & Participation (SRP) supports student representative structures within UWS including:
- The UWS Student Representative Council (SRC)(opens in a new window)
- Student Campus Councils on each campus (SCCs)(opens in a new window)
- Student Editors of the UWS Student Newspaper (CrUWSible)(opens in a new window)
- National Union of Students (NUS) Delegates(opens in a new window)
This support includes strategic advice, financial oversight and facilitation of the student voice. Please note SRP are a small group of UWS staff who support the activities of the groups listed. SRP staff members do not hold positions on these councils – the councils are an independent student body.
How does the SRP model work?
Whilst Student Representation & Participation at UWS exists in numerous areas including student representation on academic committees, the UWS Board of Trustees, and other UWS bodies, the SRP model can be best described as a new model which replaced the former Students' Association or Student Union. The SRP model is established under a UWS policy and underlying Procedures . For an overview of how the model works please consult the SRP model chart [PDF, 380.62 KB].
What can representatives help me with?
From food prices and parking, to academic teaching quality and student services, to clubs, societies and campus life, the student reps on your campus will be able to listen and help you to better life at UWS for students. If you have an issue for which you wish to seek support for, please visit the UWS SRC website(opens in a new window) or visit one of our offices below.
SRP also employs a Student Rights Advocate to provide individual advocacy service to all UWS students. More information and contact details can be found on the Advocacy page.
Student Campus Council contacts and office locations
Want to drop your SCC a line or visit them for a chat? Find them on campus or visit the SRC(opens in a new window) page for more information a full list of contacts.
Contact the SR&P team
For any further information about the SRP model, please contact the Manager, Student Representation & Participation
- Student Campus Councils Terms of Reference and Membership (opens in a new window) (PDF, 13Kb)
- Student Representation and Participation Model (opens in a new window) (PDF, 117Kb)