- Applying to study
- Starting at UWS
- Important dates
- Student forms
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Contact us
The UWS e-learning environment is known as ‘virtual UWS’ or vUWS to students and staff, and 100% of units have a vUWS presence. Your lecturer will set up a vUWS site for your unit and you may find that each site you access has different online learning activities to do. Refer to the Unit Outline and Learning Guide for more information about what you are required to do online.
Help is available should you need it. There are quick guides and interactive resources to many of the functions you'll come across in vUWS. These resources can be found in the vUWS Information for Students site within vUWS (opens in a new window). The Blended Learning Platforms team is also available to provide technical assistance with vUWS.
How do I get to vUWS?
Chose one of these easy ways to get to vUWS:
- Go to the vUWS Login Page (opens in a new window)
- Click the vUWS (e-learning) link at the top of the UWS homepage (opens in a new window)
- Choose Services | vUWS from the QuickLinks menu provided on the UWS homepage (opens in a new window)
- Click vUWS (E-Learning) from the Current Students tile on the UWS homepage (opens in a new window)
- Click E-Learning (vUWS) from the list of MyUWSLinks on the MyUWS Student Portal (opens in a new window)
Of course, we recommend that you bookmark the link so it's only ever one click away!
How do I log in?
Use your MyUWSAccount/Student ID number to log in along with your MyUWSAccount password.
Navigating in vUWS
Once logged in, you will have access to all the unit and course related sites you are enrolled in.
- You must be fully enrolled to view your vUWS sites.
- If you have any outstanding fees or have not yet paid your SSAF an encumbrance (opens in a new window) will be applied and you will lose access to your vUWS sites until the encumbrance is lifted.
All vUWS sites are different. Explore your site(s) and check information such as Announcements, Unit Outlines, Learning Guides, discussion boards and other resources provided to find out what you have to do in the site and how much time you are expected to spend online. Spend some time familiarising yourself with the tools provided in each of your sites and remember that site content, announcements, discussion boards and email, may be updated at any time.
If you are still unsure of what you are required to do within your vUWS site, ask your lecturer or tutor.
If you have any problems with using the tools provided in your site, click the Help link at the top of the screen within vUWS.
vUWS Information for Students
The first place you should check for resources to assist you in using vUWS is the vUWS Information for Students site. This site is available to all students after logging into vUWS (opens in a new window) and includes information for troubleshooting, reference sheets, multimedia resources, FAQ and more.
Be sure to check your computer and Internet browser meet the requirements and are configured for optimal use with vUWS.
- Check whether your operating system and browser are supported for vUWS
There is also a browser check link on the vUWS login page (opens in a new window).
- Configuring your computer to use with vUWS (opens in a new window).
- Software you may need (opens in a new window) to view or download files which your lecturer has uploaded to the site.
vUWS technical assistance
You can ask the Blended Learning Platforms team for technical assistance with vUWS by completing the online Student Help Form (opens in a new window).
If you have any questions about the content within your vUWS site, please contact your lecturer or tutor (opens in a new window).