- Applying to study
- Starting at UWS
- Important dates
- Services and facilities
- Online systems
- Exams and results
- Contact us
Your official student email address is your student ID number followed by '@student.uws.edu.au' (e.g. email@example.com).
Why you need to use your student email account
Email is the official communication channel between you and the University. That means you must use your student email account when contacting us by email and we will use it to send you important information. As a condition of your enrolment, you must check your student email account regularly. We recommend you check your student email daily during teaching session and weekly out of session.
Activation and access
Your email account will automatically be activated when you create your MyUWSAccount. This is one of the steps you complete when enrolling for the first time.
You can access your student email via MyUWS or MyC3. The Student email link is in the left hand column once you're logged in. You can also set up your student email on your iPad, tablet or smart phone by following the instructions on the 'How do I access my student email with an iPad' webpage.
Our student email system is managed by UWS and hosted by Microsoft's Office 365. Your student email has 25GB of online mailbox storage space, can send up to 100 attachments per email with a total size limit of 10MB and allows you to automatically forward your UWS emails to a personal or work account so you don't have to access multiple accounts.
If you are auto-forwarding your emails, remember that you must use your UWS student email account when contacting us by email.
Your student email is compatible with:
- Internet Explorer version 8 or later, Firefox and Safari
- Exchange ActiveSync, IMAP4 and POP3 email connections
- Outlook 2007 or later
Auto-forwarding your emails
There are some things you need to be aware of if you do auto-forward your student emails:
- You must always use your student email address when contacting the University by email. UWS staff can only accept and respond to emails sent from official UWS student email addresses, as it's how we can be sure we're communicating with you and that your privacy is maintained.
- It is also highly recommended that you set your private account to always respond to incoming UWS mail by using your connected student email address.
- Forwarding University emails to a non-UWS email account will be at your own risk. We are not responsible for the handling of email by other email service providers and do not guarantee delivery to forwarding addresses and we do not monitor and/or manage undeliverable messages.
- We also strongly recommend that you check your student email inbox via MyUWS on a regular basis to ensure mail is being received and forwarded and that your storage capacity has not reached its limit.
Policies you need to know
As a UWS student, you have certain responsibilities including your use of email. The IT Acceptable Use of Resources Policy and UWS Email Policy are the two main policies you need to read.
There may be other relevant University policies, so it's a good idea to be for you to be familiar with, so make sure you have a look at the policies for students.