- - Arts and Humanities Courses
- - Business Courses
- - Communication, Design and Media Courses
- - Engineering and Built Environment Courses
- - Health Science Courses
- - Information Technology and Computing Courses
- - Nursing and Midwifery Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- - Research Studies Courses
- - Science Courses
- - Social Science Courses
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - TESOL, Interpreting and Translation Courses
- - Therapeutic Studies and Counselling Courses
- Graduate Research Courses
- Undergraduate Courses
- Why Postgraduate Study?
- Why Western Sydney University?
- University Life
- What will Uni cost?
- How to apply
- Contact Western Sydney University
Graduate Diploma in Midwifery
The Graduate Diploma in Midwifery is for registered nurses who wish to pursue a career in midwifery. The course combines theory and practice with an emphasis on the art and science of midwifery, health promotion, communication skills, evidence-based practice and models of midwifery care within a primary health care approach.
To be eligible for this course students are required to obtain a 12 month position of employment as a midwifery student in an affiliated NSW Health Local Health District hospital. The course will be offered over of 15 months with the students completing the last unit in Quarter 1 of the second year.
Graduates may pursue careers in midwifery.
|Delivery Mode||On campus|
The Graduate Diploma in Midwifery is not available for International Application.
|Intake Information||Quarter 1 (January)|
Local Course Fees (opens in a new window)
Key : F = Full time study, P = Part time study, A = Accelerated full time study
Part-time refers to study load, not to timetabling of evening classes.
UWS is now accepting direct applications to the Graduate Diploma in Midwifery using the online application.
UWS is now accepting direct applications for the Graduate Diploma in Midwifery using our online application form
For further information please contact Fiona Arundell 02 9685 9567.