- IT Maintenance
- IT Service Desk
- Email and Related Services
- AirUWS-Lite Wireless Network
- IT Contracts
- General Purpose Computer Laboratories
- Computer Equipment
- Australian Access Federation
- IT Procurement
- IT Disaster Recovery Testing
- Windows 7
- Service Improvements
- Green Day
IT Service Desk
IT Service Desk operating hours
Monday to Friday - 8.00 am to 8.00 pm
MyIT is available all day, every day, even when the University is closed. Although you can use MyIT without a login, logging in with your MyUWSAccount gives you access to more features.
Please update your bookmarks and links to point to http://MyIT.uws.edu.au (opens in a new window).
What does MyIT offer?
- a one stop shop for all your IT service and support needs
- a catalogue of IT services available at UWS
- electronic forms and online approvals to replace paper based IT forms
- somewhere you can log issues with IT equipment or systems
- a knowledge base containing hundreds of self help articles
- news and information on outages and other system issues
- a record of all your IT requests or "tickets"
- access to MyUWSAccount password management
- contact points for the IT Service Desk via live chat, phone, or email
* MyUWSAccount login is required to access some features.
Our desktop icon
All users of standard UWS Windows based PCs have this icon on their desktop. Your desktop icon links directly to the MyIT self service portal (opens in a new window).
IT knowledge base and fact sheets
Our fact sheets are being migrated to our MyIT portal's knowledge base (opens in a new window). The knowledge base already contains hundreds of useful IT related articles, including configuring and connecting to various IT services such as email, UWS VPN (Virtual Private Network), mobile phones, iPads, and much more.
Fact sheets that have not yet been migrated can still be found at their old location (opens in a new window). For the most up to date information, we recommend searching MyIT in the first instance.
ITS is replacing its paper based request system with electronic requesting. You can now log your requests for access, email accounts, and most other IT services through our MyIT portal (opens in a new window). Forms that have not yet been migrated to MyIT can still be found at their old location (opens in a new window).
Password issues? Please be sure to visit MyUWSAccount (opens in a new window) to manage your MyUWSAccount, including issues such as changing your password and changing your secret question and answer. You can also access password management via MyIT.
Information on password expiry (opens in a new window).
The IT Services Catalogue has been migrated to MyIT (opens in a new window), your portal to IT services at UWS. Please update your bookmarks.
At the IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk has a number of operators and one supervisor.
What happens when I call the IT Service Desk?
The Service Desk Operator will ask you some questions to determine the problem, including your name and staff or student number. In many cases, the operator will be able to resolve the issue immediately. If the operator cannot resolve the problem, they will log a job to a more specialised IT team. All jobs are recorded in our MyIT portal, so you can track progress, and we can monitor trends and continuously improve our services to you.