- UWS International
- Contact International
- About UWS
- Course Information
- International Orientation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Incoming Study Abroad and Exchange students
- UWS Students studying internationally
- - How To Apply
- - Course Fees
- - English Language Requirement
- - Academic Requirements
- - Pathways to UWS
- - Academic Credit / Advanced Standing
- - Scholarships
- - Personal Information Provided
- - About your offer
- - Accept your offer
- - Payment Methods
- - Refund Agreement
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Obtaining a VISA
- - Education of Dependents
- - Plan Your Arrival
- - Enrol
- Campus Information
- Current Student Support
- Downloads Page
- Important Dates
- UWS Representatives Worldwide
- UWS Pathway Partners
- US Financial Aid program
Academic Credit / Advanced Standing
Advanced Standing (Academic Credit) is recognition of prior learning in terms of experience and/or prior studies.
If you wish to apply for Advanced Standing for your previous studies, you should
- Complete the relevant section of the International Student Application form. The International Undergraduate and Postgraduate application forms can be downloaded from our downloads page. Please ensure that you send certified copies of the required documentation with your application. More info
- Complete the Advanced Standing Application form
Submit your completed application form directly to
International Admissions Unit
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith South DC NSW 1797
OR to your agent
Applications for Advanced Standing lodged at least four weeks before day one of classes will receive a response by the first day of classes. Applications will continue to be accepted up until day one of classes but a response cannot be guaranteed before classes commence.
If you have applied for Advanced Standing the outcome of your application should be noted in your Admission Application Outcome letter The duration of your studies will have been adjusted to reflect the reduced length of your study.
If your application for Advanced Standing is successful, you will receive a new Admission Application Outcome letter.
You haven't applied for Advanced Standing but would like to do so? Please apply as early as possible to enable sufficient time for assessment.
Credit Transfer Agreements
University of Western Sydney has credit transfer agreements in place with a range of institutions in Australia and overseas.
Transfer agreements with Ontario Colleges are also available – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.