- UWS International
- Contact International
- About UWS
- Course Information
- International Orientation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Incoming Study Abroad and Exchange students
- UWS Students studying internationally
- - How To Apply
- - Course Fees
- - English Language Requirement
- - Academic Requirements
- - Pathways to UWS
- - Academic Credit / Advanced Standing
- - Scholarships
- - Personal Information Provided
- - About your offer
- - Accept your offer
- - Payment Methods
- - Refund Agreement
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Obtaining a VISA
- - Education of Dependents
- - Plan Your Arrival
- - Enrol
- Campus Information
- Current Student Support
- Downloads Page
- Important Dates
- UWS Representatives Worldwide
- UWS Pathway Partners
- US Financial Aid program
How To Apply
How to apply to study at UWS
University admission involves a number of steps from researching course options and entry requirements, submitting an application form, transcripts of academic and English proficiency documents, through to receiving an assessment outcome based on you meeting UWS entry requirement. You will also need to apply for a student visa which you can obtain after receiving a confirmation of enrolment (CoE) from UWS.
Online Applications Form
We are currently upgrading our application management system.
The online application form is currently being developed. Please apply using the printable application forms.
If you have already submitted your application online, but didn't complete your application by Monday 2 December, please submit a printable form via email to UWSIadmissions@uws.edu.au
You can begin searching for a complete list of courses available to international students by checking the UWS International Fee Schedule list.
Course and fee schedule for undergraduate courses (PDF, 192.18 KB) (opens in a new window) (Bachelor and non-award)
Course and fee schedule for postgraduate courses (PDF, 149.92 KB) (opens in a new window) (Masters, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate)
Course and fee schedule for research programs [PDF, 243Kb] (opens in a new window) (PhD, DBA)
You can also find further information by downloading the 2014 International Undergraduate Prospectus (PDF, 6694.27 KB) or the 2014 International Postgraduate Prospectus (PDF, 6031.4 KB).
Once you have selected a course, use the UWS Course Search Engine to find out specific details about the course you want to apply to including academic entry requirements, course structures and subject descriptions.
Admission to UWS is determined by academic and English language proficiency requirements.
Academic entry requirements for postgraduate courses can also be found by searching your course in the UWS Course Search Engine.
If you do not meet the University's admission requirements you have the opportunity to undertake English language, Diploma or Foundation programs at UWSCollege (opens in a new window) to improve your skills.
We may also provide you with an offer to study a packaged program with UWSCollege (opens in a new window).
To apply to UWS, you must have access to funds to cover yourself and any family members travelling with you for the duration of your stay in Australia for tuition fees, living expenses, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), student services amenities fees, school costs for any school-aged dependents and travel costs. Check the information on the fees page for more details.
Further information can be obtained from the Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) website (opens in a new window).
Apply direct to UWS
Apply early! As a guide you should apply by 15th November for courses commencing in the Autumn Session (February/March) and by 15th May for courses commencing in the Spring Session (July/August).
Please note, if you are a Vietnamese applicant, you will need to submit your application via an authorised UWS agent. You can apply via Future Knowledge solution (FKS) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam or SET Education Int'l / SET Education in Sydney, Australia.
Mail To apply via mail or email, download and complete the International Student Application Form for either:
- Undergraduate courses (Bachelor) [PDF,343Kb] (opens in a new window)
- Postgraduate courses (Master, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, PhD, DBA) [PDF, 354Kb] (opens in a new window)
- Ensure you clearly state the course code, course name, specialisation (if applicable) and your preferred choice of campus if options are available.
- Attach certified copies of all documents that are requested. For all previous secondary and tertiary studies you must supply official records showing all subjects attempted, grades achieved (including failures) and an explanation of the grading system. Degree or diploma certificates do not constitute official records.
- Sign and date the declaration on the last page of the form. If your documents are in a language other than English, you must provide an officially certified translation of each document, together with certified copies of the original documents.
Please note that UWS does not return any original or certified copies of the documents submitted with the application.
Send your completed Undergraduate Application Form [PDF, 348Kb] (opens in a new window) or Postgraduate Application Form [PDF, 354Kb] (opens in a new window) directly to:
UWS International Admissions
University of Western Sydney
Building ES, Parramatta Campus
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith NSW 2751 Australia
Scan and email your forms and certified documents to email@example.com
Submit your forms to UWS via a UWS Agent Representative
Apply via UAC International
If you are an international student completing one of the following qualifications in 2012, please apply through UAC International:
- an Australian Year 12 in or outside Australia
- an International Baccalaureate in Australia
- a New Zealand National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) level 3
You can lodge your application online at UAC International (opens in a new window)
Offer of AdmissionIf your application is successful, we will send you an Offer of Admission. This will outline:
* the course into which you have been accepted
* the fees payable
* the course commencement date
Conditional Offer of AdmissionIf you have not met the academic or English requirements a Conditional Offer of Admission may be made. The Conditional Offer will advise you of any requirements that you may need to meet before you can be formally accepted into the course. A final Offer of Admission will only be made when you provide full documentary evidence of final academic results and/or certifies evidence that English language requirements have been satisfied.
Packaged Offer –UWS and UWSCollege pathway offerA Packaged Offer of Admission may be granted if you do not meet UWS entry requirements. The following UWSCollege and UWS courses can be packaged together:
University Foundation Studies + Diploma + Bachelors
University Foundation Studies + Bachelors
Diploma + Bachelors
English + University Foundation Studies + Bachelors
English + University Foundation Studies + Diploma + Bachelors
English + Diploma + Bachelors
English + Bachelors
English + Masters
English + Higher degree research (doctoral degree)
Further information can be found on the 'About your Offer' page.
When you receive an offer of admission to UWS you can proceed to accept your offer.
You must obtain a student visa before you come to study in Australia.
With the Australian Government's recent review of the student visa program, UWS has been approved as an 'eligible university' for participation in the Streamlined Visa Processing (SVP) arrangement. Further information is available at the Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) website (opens in a new window).
Note: a package offer enables you to lodge one student visa application to cover the entire duration of your study in Australia.
- UWS International Application Declaration Form [PDF, 119Kb] (opens in a new window)
- UWS International Student Undergraduate Application Form [PDF, 347Kb] (opens in a new window)
- UWS International Student Postgraduate Application Form [PDF, 354Kb] (opens in a new window)
- UWS International Offer Pack [PDF, 644Kb] (opens in a new window)