- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - UWS students receive prestigious international scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - UWS Staff
- - International Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - Study grants and textbook allowance
- - Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM) International Scholarship (India)
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Visit the 'Study Abroad' website
- Visit the 'Students Go Global' website
- International university partners
- Contact International
International Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
New international students commencing in 2016.
Quarter intake programs (January, April, June, September)
Autumn and Spring intake programs (February, July)
Master of Convergent Media (opens in a new window)
Master of Engineering (opens in a new window)
Master of Information and Communications Technology (opens in a new window)
Master of Information and Communications Technology (Advanced) (opens in a new window)
Master of Teaching (Birth - 5/Birth - 12 Years) (opens in a new window)
Master of Interpreting and Translation (opens in a new window)
Master of Public Health (opens in a new window)
Master of Health Science (opens in a new window)
Master of Planning (opens in a new window)
Master of Social Science (opens in a new window)
$5,000 for one year only. The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573).
- commence study in 2016.
- achieve a minimum GPA of 5.0.
- have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University
- have submitted a complete scholarship application.
- provide a statement in support of their application indicating how they believe the scholarship will assist them with their studies and in their future career.
- not be seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment.
You are not eligible if:
- you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- you are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- you are currently enrolled.
- your scholarship application is incomplete.
- you have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of tuition fees (partially or fully) to study at Western Sydney University.
Application and selection process
Applicants will be ranked based on the selection criteria.
Application closing dates
Q3 2016 commencement: Sunday, 15 May 2016.
Spring 2016 commencement: Sunday, 22 May 2016.
Apply now for a scholarship. (opens in a new window)