- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - UWS students receive prestigious international scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - UWS Staff
- - International Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - Study grants and textbook allowance
- - Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM) International Scholarship (India)
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Visit the 'Study Abroad' website
- Visit the 'Students Go Global' website
- International university partners
- Contact International
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
Western Sydney International is offering scholarship awards to outstanding international students enrolling in postgraduate coursework programs.
New international students intending to commence a postgraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in Autumn (February) session, Spring (July) session or Quarter sessions (January, April, June, September) in 2016.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit.
Any CRICOS registered postgraduate coursework degree.
Benefits and duration
25% of the tuition fee to be credited towards the first year of study
35% of the tuition fee to be credited towards the second year of study
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Selection will be based on your academic achievement in your most recent completed tertiary qualification recognised by Western Sydney University. You must also meet the academic requirements of the course you are applying to at Western Sydney University.
Applicants must also:
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573).
- commencing study in 2016.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 5.0 each session throughout their study in the course
- have received an offer of application for admission to Western Sydney University.
- not be seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or after enrolment.
- submit a complete scholarship application.
You are not eligible if:
- you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- you are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- you are currently enrolled.
- your scholarship is incomplete.
- you have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organisation that covers the cost of tuition fees (fully or partially) to study at Western Sydney University.
- you have been awarded another scholarship by the University.
How to apply
You will need to complete a separate application form online.
Note: In order for your scholarship application to be considered, you must also submit an application to study at Western Sydney University.
Opening date: Now open
The closing dates for the scholarship are:
|2016 Intake||Intake commencement date||Scholarship application deadline|
|Spring 2016||18 July 2016||22 May 2016|
|Quarter 3||27 June 2016||15 May 2016|
|Quarter 4||19 September 2016||17 July 2016|
For further information contact
Western Sydney International