- Why choose Western Sydney University?
- Find a course
- - Entry requirements
- - Accept your offer
- - Fees and costs
- - Overseas Student Health Cover
- - Apply for academic credit
- - Obtain a student visa
- International Student Scholarships
- - UWS students receive prestigious international scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- - Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - UWS Staff
- - International Academic Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
- - Western Sydney International Scholarships – Postgraduate
- - Study grants and textbook allowance
- - Sydney Graduate School of Management (SGSM) International Scholarship (India)
- - Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Prepare to arrive
- Study and life
- Visit the 'Study Abroad' website
- Visit the 'Students Go Global' website
- International university partners
- Contact International
Western Sydney International Scholarships – Undergraduate
Western Sydney International is offering scholarship awards to outstanding international students enrolling in undergraduate coursework programs.
New international students commencing an undergraduate coursework program at Western Sydney University in Autumn (February) session or Spring (July) session 2016.
Awards are granted on the basis of academic merit
Any CRICOS registered undergraduate degree (except Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery).
Benefits and duration
20% of the tuition fee to be credited towards the first year of study
25% of the tuition fee to be credited towards the second year of study
30% of the tuition fee to be credited towards the third year of study
If you are studying an undergraduate program that is more than 3 years in length, 30% of the tuition fee will be credited towards the fourth and fifth year of study.
The scholarship is a tuition fee waiver and does not cover costs associated with living expenses, accommodation, transport, overseas student health cover or other costs associated with study.
Selection will be based on your academic achievement in a completed Year 12 qualification or equivalent recognised by Western Sydney University. You must also meet the academic requirements of the course you are applying to at Western Sydney University.
Applicants must also:
- be international students with a Higher Education Sector Visa (subclass 573).
- commence study in 2016.
- maintain a minimum GPA of 5.0 each session throughout their study in the course.
- submit a complete scholarship application.
- not be seeking to make an application for advanced standing for their course prior to, or at the enrolment.
- have received an offer of admission to Western Sydney University.
You are not eligible if:
- you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency in Australia.
- you are a study abroad or an exchange student coming to the University.
- you are currently enrolled.
- your scholarship application is incomplete.
- you have been awarded another scholarship by the University or another organization that covers the cost of tuition fees to study at Western Sydney University.
How to apply
You will need to complete a separate application form online.
Note: In order for your scholarship application to be considered, you must also submit an application to study at Western Sydney University.
Application closing dates
Spring 2016 commencement: Sunday 22 May 2016.
For further information contact
Western Sydney International