- Our Leadership Team and Portfolio
- Awards and Grants
- UWS Award Success
- Academic Quality and Standards
- Strategic Projects and Priorities
- Tertiary Education Pathways and Partnerships
- iPads at UWS
- LaTTe Innovation Project Grants
- Learning and Teaching News Hub
- Student Success
- Designing for Learning
- Events and Workshops
- Contact the Office of the Pro Vice -Chancellor (Education)
iPads at UWS
At UWS we want you to engage in learning anytime, anywhere. As part of the University's Blended Learning Strategy, an Apple iPad will be provided to all new commencing undergraduate students in 2015.
This mobile technology will enable students to engage with the growing number of online services – which will include online lectures, live web streaming of lectures, library services, apps and other tools which aim to provide the best possible learning and university experience.
Please note that this offer is not available to students who already have an iPad as a result of this initiative in previous sessions.
iPad Collection Information:
UWS iPad Collection
Spring Session iPad Collection
iPad collection will be available for all eligible UWS undergraduate students commencing mid-year at The University Store from Monday 13 July to Friday 28 August 2015. A great opportunity to pick up your iPad is when you come along to Spring Orientation.(opens in a new window)
The University Store locations
|Bankstown campus||Building 1, Ground floor|
|Campbelltown campus||Building 1A, Ground level|
|Hawkesbury campus||Building K4, Stable Square|
|Kingswood campus||Building K, Level 1|
|Parramatta campus||Building EJa, Ground level|
If you are studying via distance you will be contacted in late July to arrange collection.
Assistance with setting up your iPad and connecting to Wi-Fi is available at the computer lab service counters or by contacting the IT Service desk on 02 9852 5111, email@example.com or MyIT.uws.edu.au.
This offer is not available to students who already have an iPad as a result of this initiative in previous sessions.
Before you receive your iPad, you will need to complete some important steps:
- Activate your MyUWSAccount and recall your password.
- Complete your enrolment by visiting the Starting at UWS website and following the steps. If you require assistance call the Student Central Info line on 1300 668 370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read and accept the iPad Terms and Conditions via MyUWS (Student Portal). The icon will appear in the top-right corner of the portal.
- Create an Apple ID to help you setup your iPad.
- Bring your UWS Student ID Card. If you are planning to collect your Student ID Card from Student Central, you will need to bring your student ID number and a current Driver's Licence, School ID card, passport or other photo ID.
IMPORTANT: Your iPad must be claimed by 31 August 2015 for students commencing in Spring Session 2015 as per the iPad Terms and Conditions.
UWSCollege students should visit UWSCollege iPad or call 1300 445 059 for collection details.
Assistance with setting up your iPad
Assistance with setting up your iPad and connecting to Wi-Fi is available at UWS libraries at the following locations:
- Bankstown campus - Building C21
- Campbelltown campus - Building 1
- Hawkesbury campus - Building G1
- Parramatta campus - Building EN
- Penrith campus - Building O
IT support is also available at the computer lab service counters at the following locations: