- Our Leadership Team and Portfolio
- Awards and Grants
- UWS Award Success
- Academic Quality and Standards
- Strategic Projects and Priorities
- Tertiary Education Pathways and Partnerships
- iPads at UWS
- LaTTe Innovation Project Grants
- Learning and Teaching News Hub
- Student Success
- Designing for Learning
- Events and Workshops
- Contact the Office of the Pro Vice -Chancellor (Education)
iPads at UWS
At UWS we want you to engage in learning anytime, anywhere. As part of the University's Blended Learning Strategy, an Apple iPad will be provided to all new commencing undergraduate students in 2015.
This mobile technology will enable students to engage with the growing number of online services – which will include online lectures, live web streaming of lectures, library services, apps and other tools which aim to provide the best possible learning and university experience.
Please note that this offer is not available to students who already have an iPad as a result of this initiative in previous sessions.
iPad Collection Information:
UWS iPad Collection
UWS students who commenced in the 2015 Autumn Session will need to contact email@example.com to arrange iPad collection.
Spring Session iPad Collection
If you receive an offer on Wednesday 6 May 2015* you are invited to collect your student ID card and iPad at the Mid-Year Entry Information Day on Saturday 16 May 2015.
16 May 2015
Time: 10am to 2pm
Location: Pavilion, Parramatta campus, corner of Victoria Road and James Ruse Drive, Rydalmere
*Application must be received by UAC by Monday 20 April in order to be eligible to receive an offer on Wednesday 6 May and collect your iPad on Saturday 16 May 2015.
Prior to arriving at the event please ensure you:
- Activate your MyUWSAccount and recall your password.
- Complete your enrolment by visiting the starting at website and following the steps (limited support will be available at the event for students yet to complete their enrolment).
- Complete a questionnaire and accept the iPad terms and conditions via the MyUWS (Student Portal). The icon will appear in the top right hand corner of the portal.
- Bring your student ID number and a current Driver's Licence, School ID card, passport or other photo ID.
- Create an Apple ID and bring this with you to the event to help you setup your iPad.
- Register your attendance.
Alternative collection opportunities for Spring Session commencing students will be available here soon.
UWSCollege students should visit UWSCollege iPad or call 1300 445 059 for collection details.
Assistance with setting up your iPad
Assistance with setting up your iPad and connecting to Wi-Fi is available at UWS libraries at the following locations:
- Bankstown campus - Building C21
- Campbelltown campus - Building 1
- Hawkesbury campus - Building G1
- Parramatta campus - Building EN
- Penrith campus - Building O
IT support is also available at the computer lab service counters at the following locations: