- Learning and Teaching Unit
- Learning and Teaching Leadership Team
- iPads at UWS
- Quality in Learning and Teaching at UWS
- Learning and Teaching Standards
- Learning and Teaching News Hub
- UWS Award Success
- Awards and Grants
- Student Success
- Designing for Learning
- Events and Workshops
- Contact the Learning and Teaching Unit
iPads at UWS
At UWS we want you to engage in learning anytime, anywhere. As part of the University's Blended Learning Strategy, an Apple iPad will be provided to all new commencing undergraduate students in 2014. UWS is continuing this initiative into 2015.
This mobile technology will enable students to engage with the growing number of online services – which will include online lectures, live web streaming of lectures, library services, apps and other tools which aim to provide the best possible learning and university experience. These online and off-campus options will complement face-to-face teaching which will remain core to learning and teaching at UWS.
iPad Collection Information:
UWS iPad Collection
UWS students who are eligible can collect their iPad from The University Store until 31 March 2015.
Please note that this offer is not available to students who already have an iPad as a result of this initiative in previous sessions.
- Bankstown campus: The University Store, Building 1
- Campbelltown campus: The University Store, Building 1
- Hawkesbury campus: The University Store, Building K4
- Kingswood campus: The University Store, Building K
- Parramatta campus: The University Store, Building EJa
Prior to collecting your iPad please ensure you:
- Complete a questionnaire and accept the iPad terms and conditions via the MyUWS (Student Portal). The icon will appear in the top right hand corner of the portal.
- Bring your UWS student ID card.
IMPORTANT: Your iPad must be claimed by Sunday 31 March for students commencing in Autumn Session 2015 as per the iPad Terms and Conditions.
UWSCollege students will not be able to collect their iPad from The University Store at UWS. UWSCollege students should visit UWSCollege iPad or call 1300 445 059 for collection details.
UWSCollege students should visit UWSCollege iPad or call 1300 445 059 for collection details.
Assistance with setting up your iPad
Assistance with setting up your iPad and connecting to Wi-Fi is available at UWS libraries at the following locations:
- Bankstown campus - Building C21
- Campbelltown campus - Building 1
- Hawkesbury campus - Building G1
- Parramatta campus - Building EN
- Penrith campus - Building O
IT support is also available at the computer lab service counters at the following locations: