iPads at UWS
At UWS we want you to engage in learning anytime, anywhere. As part of the University's Blended Learning Strategy, an Apple iPad will be provided to all new commencing undergraduate students in 2014.
This mobile technology will enable students to engage with the growing number of online services – which will include online lectures, live web streaming of lectures, library services, apps and other tools which aim to provide the best possible learning and university experience. These online and off-campus options will complement face-to-face teaching which will remain core to learning and teaching at UWS.
iPad Collection Information:
UWS iPad Collection
New commencing UWS students who are eligible to receive an iPad are invited to collect their iPad from The University Store from Monday 24 February to Friday 21 March 2014.
- Campbelltown campus - Building 1A
- Kingswood campus - Building K
- Parramatta campus - Building EJa
- Hawkesbury campus - Building K21
- Bankstown campus - Building 1
Please note you can collect your iPad from any campus.
If you are studying via distance you will be contacted in March to arrange collection.
IMPORTANT: Your iPad must be claimed by Monday 31 March 2014 as per the iPad Terms and Conditions.
Before you collect your iPad you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete your enrolment by visiting the starting out website and following the steps.
- Bring your UWS Student ID Card. If you are planning to collect your Student ID Card on the day, you will need to bring your student ID number and a current Driver's Licence, School ID card, passport or other photo ID.
- Complete the iPad Terms & Conditions through the MyUWS Student Portal. If the Register for iPad Collection icon does not appear in the top-right corner please check you are eligible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit The University Store.
iPad assistance is available at UWS libraries at the following locations:
- Campbelltown campus - Building 1
- Penrith campus - Building O
- Parramatta campus - Building EN
- Hawkesbury campus - Building G1
- Bankstown campus - Building C21
IT support is also available at the computer lab service counters at the following locations:
- Campbelltown campus - 12.G.07
- Kingswood campus - V.G.26
- Parramatta campus - EA.LG.07
- Hawkesbury campus - G6.G.13
- Bankstown campus - 23.G.05
- Werrington South campus - BB.1.47
UWSCollege students should visit UWSCollege iPad or call 1300 445 059 for collection details.