- Learning and Teaching Unit
- Learning and Teaching Leadership Team
- iPads at UWS
- Strategic Priorities
- Quality in Learning and Teaching at UWS
- Learning and Teaching Standards
- Learning and Teaching News Hub
- UWS Award Success
- Awards and Grants
- Student Success
- Blended Learning
- Staff Resources
- Events and Workshops
- Contact the Learning and Teaching Unit
iPads at UWS
At UWS we want you to engage in learning anytime, anywhere. As part of the University's Blended Learning Strategy, an Apple iPad will be provided to all new commencing undergraduate students in 2014. UWS will continue this initiative into 2015.
This mobile technology will enable students to engage with the growing number of online services – which will include online lectures, live web streaming of lectures, library services, apps and other tools which aim to provide the best possible learning and university experience. These online and off-campus options will complement face-to-face teaching which will remain core to learning and teaching at UWS.
iPad Collection Information:
UWS iPad Collection
iPad collection will be available for all eligible students commencing mid year at The University Store.Collection period: Monday 28 July to Friday 29 August 2014.
IMPORTANT: Your iPad must be claimed by Sunday 31 August for students commencing in Spring Session 2014 as per the iPad Terms and Conditions.
Before you receive your iPad, you will need to complete some important steps:
- Activate your MyUWSAccount and recall your password.
- Complete your enrolment by visiting the Starting Out website and following the steps. If you require assistance call the Student Central Infoline on 1300 668 370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read and accept the iPad Terms and Conditions via the MyUWS (Student Portal). The icon will appear in the top-right corner of the portal.
- Bring your UWS Student ID Card. If you are planning to collect your Student ID Card from Student Central, you will need to bring your student ID number and a current Driver's Licence, School ID card, passport or other photo ID
- Bankstown campus: The University Store, Building 1
- Campbelltown campus: The University Store, Building 1
- Hawkesbury campus: The University Store, Building K4
- Kingswood campus: The University Store, Building K
- Parramatta campus: The University Store, Building EJa
Assistance with setting up your iPad and connecting to Wi-Fi is available at UWS libraries at the following locations:
- Bankstown campus - Building C21
- Campbelltown campus - Building 1
- Hawkesbury campus - Building G1
- Parramatta campus - Building EN
- Penrith campus - Building O
IT support is also available at the computer lab service counters at the following locations:
- Bankstown campus - 23.G.05
- Campbelltown campus - 12.G.07
- Hawkesbury campus - G6.G.13
- Kingswood campus - V.G.26
- Parramatta campus - EA.LG.07
- Werrington South campus - BB.1.47
If you are studying via distance you will be contacted in late July to arrange collection.
UWSCollege students should visit UWSCollege iPad or call 1300 445 059 for collection details.