Applying to Medicine
- - Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- - MBBS/BArts
- - Medical Clerkships
- - Research Programs
- Our People
- Locations and Facilities
- Medical Education Unit
- Scholarships, Prizes and Awards
Forms will be available for the 2015 intake from 1 August 2014.
Please note the following steps when completing the MBBS registration:
- Have your 2014 (7 digit) UMAT number
- Have your (9 digit) University Admissions Centre (UAC) number. (If you do not have your UAC number at the time of submitting the MBBS Registration (below) you must submit it by 30 September 2014) - you can do this by logging back into the MBBS registration, updating and re-submitting.
- Only those completing Year 12 (or equivalent) in 2014 need to submit a Predicted ATAR form. All other academic results will be obtained directly from UAC.
- MBBS Registration - available from 1 August 2014.
MBBS Registration only to be used by Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens. All other applicants to apply via the UWS International Office.
- Predicted ATAR (PDF, 62.56 KB) (opens in a new window) - Predicted ATAR form only to be submitted by those completing Year 12 HSC (or equivalent - eg,GCE, IB) in 2014.
- Transfer Request (PDF, 27.4 KB) (opens in a new window) - available during application period. Transfer Request form only to be used by applicants who are either Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or Australian PRs and who are currently (or have previously been) enrolled in an MBBS or equivalent (including combined degrees) within Australia and/or New Zealand OR by Australian qualified and registered dentists.
Any Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident who is currently (or has previously) studied medicine at a university outside of Australia or New Zealand only, may apply via the standard pathway for a place in Year 1 of the MBBS. Please note, there is no guarantee of academic credit should you be successful in gaining a place.