- Applying to Medicine
- Our People
- Locations and Facilities
- Medical Education Unit
- Community Engagement
- Scholarships, Prizes and Awards
Locations and Facilities
The School of Medicine is located in Building 30, Campbelltown Campus.
This architecturally engaging building was officially opened by the Hon. Julia Gillard on 17 November 2008. View our 'special insert' on the events of the day.
The 8120 square metre School of Medicine facility on the Campbelltown campus forms an attractive eastern 'gateway' to the campus. The state-of-the-art facility, partially funded with $25million from the Federal Government, is the school's main academic and administrative base and has been designed by award-winning architectural firm Lyons. The firm was selected through a competition under the aegis of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects.
The facility includes:
- a main headquarters block containing reception, student administration, academic offices and research spaces for PhD and other higher degree students
- teaching accommodation including an anatomy laboratory, computer laboratory, clinical skills laboratory and a large multi-purpose practical space
- eight research laboratories for medical sciences and 'wet' research
The four buildings are connected by a central hub which will be an outdoor space covered by a striking roof. This provides an informal meeting place for the entire campus community.
Research Centres and Groups:
Select a Clinical School below to find out more.
- Bathurst Rural Clinical School - Bathurst Hospital 199 Howick St, Bathurst
- Blacktown / Mt Druitt Clinical School - Blacktown Road, Blacktown and 75 Railway Road, Rooty Hill
- Macarthur Clinical School - Campbelltown Hospital, Therry Road, Campbelltown and Camden Hospital, Menangle Road, Camden
- University Centre of Rural Health (Rural Clinical School) - Lismore Hospital 60 Uralba St, Lismore
The University also has partnerships, for example clinical placements and research, with the following hospitals. Find out about the hospital partnerships:
- Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital - 70 Eldridge Rd, Bankstown
- Liverpool Hospital - Elizabeth Street, Liverpool