Men's Health Information and Resource Centre
Understanding the context and causes of male health
The Men's Health Information and Resource Centre explores men's health in terms of the factors in society and life that build or undermine this health.
Health is a dynamic reality shaped by many factors. An individual's health is the product of many aspects of their life, and the term used for the causes behind health status is the Social Determinants of Health (SDOH).
MHIRC focuses particularly on the health status of marginalised or disadvantaged males - this includes populations such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men, unemployed men, separated men, incarcerated men, new dads and other males who may find themselves at risk of increased stress and therefore poorer health outcomes.
MHIRC works through important collaborative partnerships with its main funding provided by NSW Health.
We thank you for your interest in furthering the health of men and boys in Australia.
Professor John Macdonald
Latest News In Men's Health
- 7th June 2013: Longer lives for men starts at work(opens in a new window)
- 30th May 2013: Mate To Mate Supporting Older Men In Men's Health Week(opens in a new window)
- 17th April 2013: Ideas For Creating Engaging Men's Health Events(opens in a new window)
- 10 April 2013: What makes a bloke?(opens in a new window) Professor John Macdonald talks about men in today's world on ABC Overnight.
- 12 March 2013: Landmark Event for men's health (opens in a new window)
- 4 March 2013: Engaging Services To Engage Men This Men's Health Week (opens in a new window)