Professor Donna Craig
PROFESSOR IN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW,
School of Law
This information has been contributed by Professor Craig.
- Master of Laws York University (Canada)
- Bachelor of Arts University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws University of New South Wales
Organisational Unit (School / Division)
- School of Law
|Phone:||(02) 9685 9143|
PLEASE NOTE: obtaining information from this Directory must be for the legitimate purposes of doing business with and within Western Sydney University, and must not be used for unsolicited bulk e-mailing (spamming) or similar purposes.
- Nettheim, G., Meyers, G. and Craig, D. (2003), 'Capacity Building for Environmental Law in the Asian and Pacific Region: Approaches and Resources', : Asian Development Bank 971561423X.
- Nettheim, G., Meyers, G. and Craig, D. (2002), 'Indigenous Peoples and Governance Structures: a Comparative Analysis of Land and Resource Management Rights', : AIATSIS - Aboriginal Studies Press 085575379X.
Chapters in Books
- Craig, D. (2015), 'Legal strategies to expand indigenous governance in climate change adaptation', The Search for Environmental Justice, Edward Elgar 9781784719418.
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2014), 'Adaptive governance for extreme events in peri-urban areas : a case study of the Greater Western Sydney', The Security of Water, Food, Energy and Liveability of Cities: Challenges and Opportunities for Peri-Urban Futures, Springer 9789401788779.
- Williams, J., Kennedy, A. and Craig, D. (2014), 'Lost in translation : threatened species law in Australia', Global Environmental Law at a Crossroads, Edward Elgar 9781783470846.
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2013), 'Legal pluralism : notions of standing and legal process constraining assessment', Sustainability Assessment: Pluralism, Practice and Progress, Routledge 9780415598491.
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2011), 'The Recognition and Enforcement of Indigenous Customary Law in Environmental Regimes and Natural Resource Management', Compliance and Enforcement in Environmental Law, Edward Elgar 97818488448315.
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2011), 'Social Licence Issues in Developing Economies', Defending the Social Licence of Farming, CSIRO Publishing 9780643101593.
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2010), 'Non-lawyers and legal regimes: Public participation for ecologically sustainable development', The Future of International Environmental Law, United Nations University Press 9789280811926.
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2009), 'The Recognition and Enforcement of Indigenous Customary Law in Environmental Regimes and Natural Resources Management', Proceedings of the 4th IUCN Academy of Environmental Law Colloquium Series, Edward Elgar .
- Craig, D. (2009), 'Implementing Sustainable Development in the Arctic: What Principles Should Guide Environmental Governance in Traditional Areas of Indigenous Peoples Facing the Impacts of Climate Change', The Yearbook of Polar Law, Martinus Nijhoff 1876-8814.
- Jeffery, M. and Craig, D. (2008), 'Global Environmental Governance and the United Nations in the 21st Century', Environmental Governance: Concepts, Relevance and Lessons, The Ikfai University Press 9788131419038.
- Craig, D. (2007), 'Indigenous Property Rights to Water: Environmental Flows, Cultural Values and Tradeable Property Rights', Adapting Rules for Sustainable Resource Use, Earthscan .
- Richardson, B. and Craig, D. (2006), 'Indigenous Peoples, Law and the Environment', Environmental Law for Sustainablility, Hart Publishing .
- Craig, D. (2004), 'Biological Resources, Intellectual Property Rights and International Human Rights: Impacts on Indigenous and Local Communities', Intellectual Property and Biological Resources: Perspectives on Contemporary Issues, Marshall Cavendish International Academic Publishing .
- Craig, D. and Jeffery, M. (2004), 'Wildlife Management in Australia: Different Perspectives on Indigenous Participation', Revista de Direito Ambiental, Instituto O Direito por um Planeta Verde .
- Craig, D. (2003), 'Globalising Indigenous Rights', Globalisation and Australian Law, Federation Press .
- Rashid, A., Craig, D., Mukul, S. and Khan, N. (2013), 'A journey towards shared governance : status and prospects for collaborative management in the protected areas of Bangladesh', Journal of Forestry Research, vol 24, no 3 , pp 599 - 605.
- Jeffery, M. and Craig, D. (2011), 'Application of Environmental Conflict Resolution to Public Interest Issues in Water Disputes', International Journal of Rural Law and Policy, vol 2011 Special Edition , pp 1 - 13.
- Craig, D. and Gachenga, E. (2010), 'The recognition of Indigenous customary law in water resource management', The Journal of Water Law, vol 20, no 40699 , pp 278 - 284.
- Jeffery, M. and Craig, D. (2009), 'Integrating Sustainable Development into Global Institutions: Reforming the United Nations', Chinese Journal of Population, Resources and Environment, .
- Craig, D. and Davis, M. (2005), 'Ethical Relationships for Biodiversity Research and Benefit Sharing with Indigenous Peoples', Macquarie Journal of International and Comparative Environmental Law, vol 2, no 2 , pp 30 - 74.
- Craig, D. (2002), 'Recognising Indigenous Rights Through Co-Management Regimes: Canadian and Australian Experiences', New Zealand Journal of Environmental Law, vol 6 , pp 199 - 255.
- Rashid, M., Craig, D., Jeffery, M. and Mukul, S. (2011), 'Shifting paradigm of governance in the natural resource management sector of Bangladesh : centralist to pluralistic approach in forest protected areas management', Conference on 40 years of Bangladesh : Retrospect and Future Prospects, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Huda, S., Allen, J., Sinclair, C., Andrews, T., Lopes, A., Duarte, F., Bambrick, H., Craig, D., Jeffery, M. and Campbell, S. (2010), 'Climate Change: Building Leadership Capacity within a Higher Education Institution', International Farming Systems Association Europe Group Conference, Vienna.
- 2009, 'An Agreement Approach that Recognises Customary Law in Water Management: Final Report', Research Report
|Title:||Climate Change and Variability in the Ganga Basin in India: The Role of the Supreme Court in Legal and Institutional Change|
|Field of Research:||LAW|
|Thesis:||Climate Change and Variability in the Ganga Basin in India: The Role of the Supreme Court in Legal and Institutional Change|